Ads By CbproAds

Wednesday, December 07, 2005


Drifter in Manhattan - The Big Apple

New York, New York - Brooklyn Bridge




New York, New York - Brooklyn Bridge

Buy this Art Print at AllPosters.com

Wow, let me tell you about my adventures in New York City.
I wouldn't advise anyone to go to New York like I did. Yet,
I can say I had a bonified blast.

I had been online for a short period of time and had spent a
great deal of time in several AOL Chat Rooms. I lucked
across this one chat room where everyone would chat for
hours. We laughed so much in this chat room that
we all became like family.

After several months talking in this chat room, someone
decided to get together and go clubbing. At the time,
I was living in Delaware. The plan was to meet in
Manhattan at a night club.

There were several men in the group and the women
were really close. So it was on! I was going to ride the
train from Delaware to New York City.

I rode a four hour train ride and as I arrived at the
Penn Station, my palms became really sweaty. I realized
I was going on a blind date. I was going to meet at least
50 people that I had spoken to online and didn't have a
clue about New York City (Manhattan).

Needless to say, I arrived at the hotel and stood in the
middle of the room and asked myself, "What the heck
are you doing?" I got dressed and rode the cab to this
booming night club that had an upstairs and downstairs.
It had at least four rooms with different types of music.

I wish I could remember the name of the this off the
hook club. It was awesome.

I remember walking downstairs to meet everyone. The
music was jammin and there were a lot of people dancing
and talking everywhere in the room.

The first thing I did was walk to the bar and order a
drink. When I turned around, someone asked, "Is that
you *&)*&(%?" I said, "Yes". And that's basically how the
whole night went. We all would walk up to each other
and ask if the other person was a certain screen name.
We danced, partied, laughed, and had an awesome time.

We went out to breakfast and eventually said good night.
I really miss the people from the chat room. We had such
a great time. This all occurred in 1998.

The next morning, I figured out how to ride the train
to Times Square. I went to a restaurant on Times Square
and had the best Chili I have ever had. I think it was called
the Chili Factory. I'm really not sure.

I saw the Empire State Building, went to Tower Records
and fell in love with a group called
Alabina, and basically
drifted along Times Square. Be sure to click on the
Alabina link,
it's an awesome Flamenco, Arabic sound. The Megamix is off
the chart if you like this type of music.

When I was in Manhattan, I was captivated how it could
be peaceful in such a large city.

Manhattan, you will forever be the apple of my eye.

I highly recommend seeing Manhattan and Times Square.

Drifters Memoirs
Travel Banter Blog
@-------->----------


New York Times Square




Buy this Poster at AllPosters.com



Tags: