Ads By CbproAds

Wednesday, May 11, 2005


Greek Isles, Santorini

Tags:

Before I go any further about my Travel Banter, I would like to share with you a place that has captivated my heart for at least two years.

Santorini in the Greek Isles has to me one of the most gorgeous places. For the past two years, I've had this thing for calendars showing the beautiful landscapes of Santorini. Every morning I look at my success collage (long story and many things have came true), walk in the bathroom, and see beautiful landscapes of Santorini. Let's see, a 58' Pilot Home on the Med, sounds like a winner.

The Mediterranean area has to be the most scenic and romantic place in the world. Sure, Alaska was beautiful and so was Delaware. Nothing compares to the Med. Well, Hawaii comes close. Below are some captivating prints I ran across. Along with the print in the right margin in the upper right hand corner. That same print is on my calendar. Wow...take a look. What a view!

From what I hear, all of the building on Santorini are made of rock. Lava rock to be exact. The rumor I heard is that the locals dug homes out of the rock and painted them white. I'll have to do some research to find out the validity of what I heard. Just another beautiful place I wanted to show you.



Travel Banter Blog
@------->---------

Personal Quote: Living is feeling passionate about something!



City View With Windmill At Top, Oia, Santorini




Buy this Giclee Print at AllPosters.com




Santorini




Buy this Pre-Matted Print at AllPosters.com



Moonrise on Santorini, Greece




Buy this Giclee Print at AllPosters.com



Buon Giorno!

Quick Note: There's a volcano on Santorini. The island used to be circular and the eruption made the island sink in the middle according to the net. Wow, had Mt. Edna in Catania and now have a smoking volcano in Santorini. Gosh, which is worse? Earthquakes or volcanoes? :o) Don't think I'll be taking any volcano tours. Like living on the edge, but going on a volcano tour is like jumping off a cliff.